Thursday, November 4, 2010

Creating Mental Images



Our class has been working on creating mental images when they read. By visualizing what they read our students become part of the story which in turn helps them comprehend. As I read Miss. Rumphius by Barbara Cooney the children closed their eyes and created mental images in their minds. Using white boards each child drew what they saw and we discussed each student’s visualizations. As the week went on the students began to compare their mental images. Discussions abounded about color and details. I can’t wait to see how they can use this process in their writing as well!






















































































































2 comments:

  1. I love when we played bingo with the principal and had fun!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove drawing pictures and drawing is my favorite thing to do
    catherine

    ReplyDelete